Information for Tenants
Our aim is to find you the perfect property to suit your requirements with the minimum of hassle. When you move with Harry Albert Lettings & Estates, you'll benefit from:
- Low tenant application fees: we charge the lowest tenant fees in Leicester
- Fair treatment and respect: we listen to you, understand and try our best to accommodate your needs
- Free advice and support throughout the term of your tenancy where we can, including signposting services, budgeting assistance, etc
- No renewal fees: we don't believe in taking away the security from our tenant and landlord clients so we don't charge you to renew your tenancy agreement with us
- No check out/out-going reference fee: we won't hold you to ransom if you want to move, if you're outside of the fixed-term of your tenancy agreement, there'll be no penalty for moving out, provided we are supplied with the correct amount of notice and we never charge for providing a reference to your new landlord/letting agent.
- Pets Allowed: we don't believe in seperating our tenants from their four legged friends, in many of our properties, we allow pets and we never withhold permission without justification
You can register your details with us if you'd like us to get in contact with you when suitable properties come available.
Finding a property
The first step is to contact us to provide brief details about yourself and about the accommodation you require. We then search our database for suitable properties for you to view. If not urgent, we log your details so that we can contact you as suitable properties become available. It is wise to start looking about a month before you wish to move, as the nicer properties are viewed and reserved quickly. Our tenancies are granted for a minimum term of 6 months, which may be renewed if all parties are in agreement.
- To view our selection of available properties to let please use the Property Search boxes on the right
- To register your requirements please click on the Register tab above.
Please note that for your safety and peace of mind -
- All of our managed properties are Gas Safe certificated, and inspected for electrical safety, and furniture fire safety
- All Tenancy Deposits (bonds) are held in accordance with the Deposit Protection Regulations.
Viewings will be arranged at times to suit you, including evenings and weekends, and you will invariably be accompanied by a member of staff, who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
Fees to tenants
Upon reserving a property, applicants will be required to pay our agency administration fees as follows:
First applicant: £125. Subsequent applicants and/or any guarantor: £75. These charges cover our referencing and admin costs. We do not charge VAT. These charges are non-refundable. For full details of our fees, please see below.
In addition to the above charges, you will required to pay a Holding Deposit (aka Reservation Deposit). This is usually a minimum of £125. Providing the tenancy goes ahead, this will be deducted from the first monthly rental and the tenancy deposit, which are due before you move in (see below).In the event that the landlord declines to grant the tenancy, it will be refunded to you in full. However the holding deposit will be non-refundable if you decide not to proceed for any reason, or if you fail to provide complete and accurate information in your application or fail the background/referencing checks (see below).
As a minimum we will require satisfactory references from your employer (or college), a previous or current landlord, and a credit reference report.
We may also require a personal reference, and sometimes a guarantor. We may use the services of an independent referencing company to obtain and evaluate these references.
Rents are normally quoted calendar monthly, and payable monthly in advance. The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs. All rents are payable by bank standing order to our company bank account or your landlord's bank account.
A security deposit of a minimum of one month's rental will normally be required. This deposit will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations, and you will be provided with the appropriate prescribed information and receive details regarding the scheme used. The deposit is held to cover damage, breakages, and any other liabilities under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Please note that under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
Tenant Administration Fees:These fees must be paid by tenants before they move into the property.
£125 Reference, background check, affordability check and administration fee per person.
Tenants must have an income of more than 2.5x the amount of rent payable.
£125 Holding Fee (Refundable*).
£125 reference, background check, affordability check and administration fee per guarantor.
Guarantors must have an income of more than 3x the amount of rent payable and must be a homeowner.
Deposit: Usually equivalent to 6 weeks rent. Deposit replacement products may be available.
* Holding Fees are refundable to successful and unsuccessful applicants. However, where tenant applications are falsified or not truthful, the holding fee will not be returned.
Charges associated with mid-term changes of tenancy agreement:These charges are applied if there needs to be changes made to the tenancy agreement before the end of the tenancy term.
Tenants living in the property at the time changes are made to the tenancy are responsible to pay the fees as stated below:
£125 Referencing fee per incoming adult tenant.
£125 Administration Fee per tenant who vacate the property before the fixed-term*.
* If a tenant vacates the property prior to the end of the fixed-term without securing a suitable replacement tenant, the remaining term will remain payable.
Other Tenancy Charges Payable by Tenants:
£40 Administration fee for rent payments that are over 24 hours late.
A further £40 Administration fee per instance where agents have to pursue tenants for late rent.
A fee £40 will be payable in the event of missed appointments including appointments set where 24 hours notice is given and the tenant fails to respond to the notice.
An administration fee of £25 will be payable for the return of unsolicited payments/overpayments.
an administration fee of £25 will be payable for replacement documents (including tenancy agreement, operations manuals, etc).
The tenant will also be liable for any fees and costs payable by the landlord or owner of the property should they incur any costs arising as a result of non-payment or late payment of rent, negligence or malicious damage caused by the tenant to the property.
You can Contact Us by clicking here and you can also review our contact details at the bottom of any page on our website. However, for your convenience, our contact details are:
Harry Albert Lettings & Estates
2 Leire Street
Leicester, LE4 6NT
The address above is for postal correspondence only.
You can also call us on: 0116 321 4970
You can email us at: email@example.com
Company Registration Details
Our company registration details, as shown on Companies House are: