Top 9 Disasters Faced by Homeowners This Christmas
20th December 2018
Disaster strikes at the worst times and emergency housing repairs aren't the present you'd expect over the festive BVBperiod. Christmas is a costly time of year with all the food and gifts you have to buy and the last thing homeowners and landlords in Leicester want to spend their money on is emergency home improvement work and repairs. But, during the festive period, builders get ready to reap the rewards of poorly maintained properties!
Household disasters happen, even over the Christmas period; from leaking roofs to burst pipes and broken boilers we look at new research from the Federation of Master Builders which highlights the top nine plights impacting homeowners every winter.
Fresh data shows the most common household disasters builders have been asked to deal with around Christmas, with findings revealing that almost 90% of builders have been called out to fix leaking roofs, nearly half have been asked to fix burst pipes and a third have been asked to repair a broken boiler.
The Top 9 Most Common Issues Builders Have Been Asked To Deal With At Christmas are:
- 86% of builders have dealt with leaking roofs;
- 74% of builders have fixed leaks from defective lead flashings and apron to chimney stack;
- 51% of builders have repaired damage caused to the property because of blocked gutters;
- 47% of builders have dealt with leaking windows;
- 44% of builders have dealt with burst pipes;
- 37% of builders have dealt with leaking doors;
- 33% of builders have arranged for a broken boiler to be fixed;
- 29% of builders have fixed damage caused to the property by falling branches from trees;
- 24% of builders have arranged for electrical wiring to be fixed.
Christmas Tips for Tenants