15 Questions You Should Ask When Conducting A Viewing
15th February 2018
When you're conducting your own viewings, it can be difficult to gauge whether or not the tenant might be a right fit for your property. A reference and a background check does little to tell you how they are at home and a landlords' reference may not be the most credible, especially whilst the tenant is still in their property; if they are a bad tenant, their current landlord will be incentivised to lie to get them out of their property sooner. Below, you'll find a list of fourteen questions you can ask potential tenants to let you see whether or not they're suitable for your property.
Questions to ask tenants viewing your property
- When are you looking to move?
- Why are you moving?
- How many people are moving with you?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you employed? What do you do for work?
- How much do you earn?
- How long do you want to rent the property for?
- Do you have a months rent and deposit in advance?
- Do you have any references?
- Do you have a guarantor?
- Do you have any special needs that need to be considered?
- Can you tell me a bit about your lifestyle? What do you do in your spare time and on weekends?
- Have you ever been evicted or given an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO)?
- Do you have any questions or feedback?
By asking the above questions and delving a little bit deeper where appropriate, you should be able to get a better understanding as to whether the tenant is the right fit for your property. If you need any help with conducting viewings, we're here to help. Just give us a call on 0116 321 4970 or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to quote a bespoke price for conducting individual viewings.
How To Be A Landlord
Gas Safety Changes To Bring Flexibility To Landlords